Three bicyclists were seriously injured and taken to the hospital following a crash with a motorist in Pinellas. The cyclists were riding in the designated bicycle lane on East Lake Road when they were hit by a sedan. The driver of the sedan was turning out of the left-turn lane when the bicycles collided with the vehicle’s passenger side. The driver of the sedan was not injured. Source.
For those living in Pinellas County, incidents like these are unfortunately all too common and happen far too often. The injuries you sustain when you have been injured in a bicycle or pedestrian crash can be devastating. The last thing you need to worry about is how you will get compensation. When you hire Beltz & Beltz to represent you, you can rest easy knowing that our team of experienced personal injury attorneys is fighting to get you compensation, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
What To Do If You Are Injured in a Bicycle or Pedestrian Crash
You may not know what to do if you are involved in a bicycle or pedestrian incident. If you have been injured, be sure to take the following steps:
- Stay Calm and Move Out of the Street: It can be easy to get caught up in the anger you feel towards the driver that hit you or to be lost in the shock of what just happened. The best thing you can do in the situation is to try to remain calm and move out of the street.
- Make Sure the Driver Does Not Leave: Do your best to make sure that the driver who hit you, as well as any witnesses, stays at the scene of the crash. In the case of a hit-and-run, try to take a photo of the license plate or make a mental note of the make, model, and color of the vehicle that hit you.
- Take Photos and Gather Information: Gather insurance information from the driver who hit you and be sure to take any photos of damages caused by the crash. When taking photos, be sure to include pictures of you, your bike, the vehicle, the intersection, stop lights, street signs, and any other details that you feel could be useful in your case.
- Seek Medical Attention: Getting medical attention as soon as possible is the most important thing you can do following your crash. Even if you do not think you have any injuries at that moment, injuries may become apparent later. If any injuries appear as a result of your crash, your attorney will be able to help you make claims to recover all of your damages.
- Get a Lawyer: Following your crash, do not give recorded statements to the insurance company without your lawyer present. Be sure to contact Beltz & Beltz following your crash. Our team of experienced personal injury attorneys will start working on your case right away to make sure you get the justice you deserve.